How to Easily make ringtones for iPhone using iTunes
Points to know before making custom ringtones using iTunes
- Music should in your iTunes library.
- Tune shouldn’t be longer than 30 seconds (it’s 40 but having it at 30 makes it safer)
- Check that a piece of music was purchased by right clicking the top sort bar and checking the Kind option.
- It will show as “protected” or “purchased” if they were purchased via iTunes.
- Change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r, so it’s recognized as a ringtone by iTunes.
- Create an AAC version of the tone that you want as a custom ringtone.
Follow these Steps to make ringtones for iPhone using iTunes
|Launch iTunes and pick the song you want|
|Set the part you want to use as your Ringtone.|
|Make a Duplicate file|
|Open the song in File folder
|Rename the Extension of the file|
(Note: if prompted to accept then make sure that your selection must be .m4r if it’s not visible then change the extension. (Tools > Options in the Windows lets you enable the extension view).
|Delete the duplicated file you made|
|Sync the ringtone with your iPhone|