iPhone Stuck in Headphone Mode [Solution]
Why does this happen?
SOLUTION NO. 1:- Unplug and re-plug iPhone headphones several times.
SOLUTION NO. 2:- Restart your device.
SOLUTION NO. 3:- Change the call settings.
- Go to Settings –> General –> Accessibility
- Scroll down the “Interaction”
- Select “Call Audio Routing” and select Speaker or Automatic.
- Go back to your home screen and toggle the volume up/down buttons.
- gain open iPhone settings and change the incoming calls (Call Audio Routing) to Headset.
SOLUTION NO. 4:- Erase all content and settings.
- Go to the Settings tap on General
- Choose Reset
- Tap on erase all contents and settings
- Confirm the action
- Your device will reboot.
SOLUTION NO. 5:- Remove and clean the dirty/jammed Headphone jack.
- Remove the iPhone case.
- Use vacuum pump, hairdryer or try it with Q-Tip, toothpick / swab and gently dig in to the iPhone’s headphone port to remove the moisture content or dirt out of the headphone jack.
Hope by following all the above steps your iPhone’s headset error may have resolved easily. if you liked our work then please share it with your friends and family on the social media of your choice. May be this information could help them solve this issue.