Jail breaking is the process of removing software restrictions and gaining root access to the iOS operating system that runs on Apples devices, including the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch. It is the decrypt that allows developers to access the file system of your device. In facile terms it means that developers can now have access to all the files on your iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad which means that they can now create apps that can perform task which prior was not possible due to the permission to access that files. These files would normally be hidden and would not be possible to access and edited with a non-jail broken device but this is where jail breaking comes in.
Top 7 Reasons Why you should jailbreak your iPhone
|Top 7 Reasons Why you should jailbreak your iPhone|
1. Rename and Recognize Apps
- Simply tap and hold to enter jiggle mode.
- Than tap the icon you want to rename as shown in the screenshot below.
The unsurpassed part thing in this tweak is that it doesn’t install a new app in your springboard or place an icon in the settings app.
2. Make Chrome (or Anything else) Your Default Browser
3. Change Your Default Email App
4. Tether Your Data Connection To Your Laptop
There are some authorized and unauthorized approaches to tethering like AT&T, sprint etc. which offers an iPhone tethering plan so that you can use your iPhone’s data plan on your laptop and other device.
5. Customize the Look and Feel Of iOS
|Image Credit: http://readwrite.com/|