Be Aware Of Phishing (Fake Login Page)
Now a days phishing is just a common word, Every one knows about phishing but still some people are getting hacked using phishing!!! Hackers are just sending some of the emails to the victim’s inbox and whenever victim clicks and that link then victim will redirect to the fake login page and if the victim uses that page as login then the email and password of the victim will be saved in the server. In fact when victim add the email address and password it will redirect the victim to the original Gmail page. So if you found that you are phished then immediately change your password. Always login through www.gmail.com or bookmark Gmail’s page and use that page as login.
Monitor Gmail account regularly
Select Strong Password
Use updated Antivirus
Enable 2 step verification
In 2 step verification method you have to add your cell number in to your Gmail account.
How to Enable 2 step verification ?
2.Go to Security
3. Now click on Edit and you will be logged out from your account and again login in your account and then you will see the screen like bellow.
4. Now click on START SETUP you will see the screen like bellow.
5. Now enter your country and enter your cell number and then choose the verification method. I prefer text message and then press send code.
6. Now you got the serial number in to your cell, just enter that serial number in to the above box and click verify.
7. Now if you are logged in through your computer then select trust this computer.
8. Now click on conform and you have done !! Now when you login in to your Gmail account it will send verification code and after the verification it will redirect you to the inbox.
Now still there is one issue in 2 step verification : what if you lost your mobile ??
well still I have solution for that :). Just enter the backup cell number into your Gmail account. Now your Gmail account is most secure.